In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of passport, ticket)validez feminine
- Individuals could also be naturalised as subjects, but naturalisation held only in the place where it had been granted, and had no validity elsewhere in the Empire.
- The minister was asked what guidance had been issued on the validity of fatwas and of other rulings issued by religious authorities to decide matrimonial disputes.
- This step is a safety mechanism to prevent prescription forgery because each number can be checked to verify its validity.
- First, it questions the validity of the electoral registry.
- When road maintenance charges were applied to interstate vehicles in 1933, there were a number of test cases on their constitutional validity.
- They refused to recognise the appointment, and announced plans for a legal challenge against the validity of the new government.
- In many cases consent was obtained by Government officials through fraud, coercion or misrepresentation, tactics which annulled the validity of such consent.
- There is, to be sure, a measure of validity to the identification.
- In many instances, those who pitted the "spirit" of the Council against what the Council actually said undermined the very validity of canon law.
- So any publication thereafter would not destroy any validity that this patent might have?
- Many judges in America are questioning the validity of the sentencing guidelines.
- It is now clear that the other type of living will is effective in English law, subject to certain tests for validity.
- In summary, it is possible to suggest that the principles governing the validity of parental consent to research are as follows.
- However, according to the applicant, nothing he did or did not do should affect the validity of the agreement.
- In addition, the validity of peer ratings has been extensively investigated in military settings, suggesting that the peer measure has served us well.
- In the latter case, you may decide to assess the validity of such views or come up with a better interpretation of your own.
- It is methodologically challenging to establish the validity of either mother or father reports of father involvement, particularly when parents do not agree.
- They too have their validity to offer to the reader.
- The validity of the data may have been affected in several ways.
- Of its factual validity, there can be little question.
- Several general practitioners were lost to follow up, which threatens the internal validity of the trial.
- Secondly, question the validity of the information.
- Triangulation is one way to increase the validity of a qualitative study.
- One can hardly expect a national drug policy to be effective when serious questions may arise over the validity of the estimates on which it is based.
- This questionnaire has adequate reliability and validity.
- This convergence of results across studies using different, complementary methods attests to the validity of the findings.
- In principle, considerations about generalisability should not affect the internal validity inherent in a well performed randomised controlled clinical trial.
- This characterization seeks to move beyond judging the absolute truth value of a propagandist statement (since often those propagandizing believe fully in the validity of their messages).
- Secondly, even granting validity, the argument is still unsound as its two main premises are either simply false or, at best, highly controversial.
- Given this methodological limitation, the external validity of the present findings is clearly an issue.
- The assessment of content validity is a subjective judgment by the investigator, observer, or groups of subject matter experts.
- I'd like to defend the validity of this comparison.
- The external validity of these findings requires further proof.
- A proof may be messy, dreary, tedious, or look like a joke, but there must be an unequivocal criterion for its validity, even if accessible to but a few specialists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.