In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Valium masculine trademark
- Drugs used to relieve anxiety, such as Valium, may lessen your interest in sex.
- A Yorkshire Labour MP will today spearhead a new alert over the dangers of Valium and other benzodiazepine tranquillisers.
- His mother, Laura, had overdosed on Valium, the drug her doctors had prescribed for her bouts of depression.
- I knew that she kept her Valium in a bottle in the bag.
- Lavender has sedative effects comparable to drugs such as Valium.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.