In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cookingvainilla feminine(milkshake/ice cream) de vainilla
- It was only when we got our bill we realised we'd been charged another £2.50 for two small scoops of vanilla.
- Next time, I'm just making a simple sugar syrup with vanilla, and drizzling that over it.
- In a saucepan, bring the port, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolks, cream or milk, vanilla and rosewater.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl, and using a rubber spatula, fold in the semolina, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- In summer I like to make ice cream, usually vanilla or chocolate cinnamon - you can win friends and influence people with homemade ice cream.
- The choices are pretty straight forward: chocolate or vanilla, big or small.
- Put the egg yolk and sugar in a bowl and mix it well, then stir in the mascarpone and vanilla.
- Her favorite ones are chocolate or vanilla flavored cookies.
- Even though vanilla remains an age-old ice cream favorite, numerous other flavors have arrived on the scene.
- Cream butter and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- She prefers chocolate ice-cream, and I prefer vanilla.
- My goal was for them to finish off the chocolate and vanilla, so we could get more ice cream.
- The crème brûlée French toast with vanilla custard on the side was quite nice if entirely excessive.
- Remember when choosing an ice cream boiled down to vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, or orange sherbet?
- A good, plain, not too sweet scoop of vanilla would have made a far better companion.
- Just before serving, gently whip the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla until it just starts to thicken.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 beaten eggs; blend well.
- I like vanilla, but I'm not scared of the hot fudge or hot caramel on a hot day.
- Of course, vanilla will always reign supreme when it comes to ice cream.
- The demand for good quality natural vanilla will always be there.
- Panacotta is flavoured with vanilla, mixed with berries, and sprinkled with a little balsamic vinegar.
- Scatter over the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and fold it gently in with a large metal spoon.
- I found I had no vanilla essence so I used chocolate essence instead.
- Combine the sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Served with fresh vanilla custard it was delicious.
- Even though there has been a jump of sorts as far as the diversity of flavours is concerned, most ice-cream sellers still swear by that humble cupful of vanilla.
- There is this Sundae Cup which is creamy vanilla topped with strawberry or chocolate sauce.
- In my book, chocolate ice-cream beats strawberry or vanilla, any day.
- I extracted slow licks from a single scoop of vanilla.
- Add the vanilla, vegetable oil, vinegar and water and stir until combined.
- Most vanilla extracts are in an base of about 35 % alcohol.
- The line initially launched with four packaged flavors - vanilla, chocolate, butter pecan and Neapolitan.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and a pinch of salt.
2(content/speech/performance) anodino(version) estándar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.