In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This is a variant of the Cinderella tale, which is not found in Norwegian tradition but occurs in eight Sami variants.
- Other variants of the game are known in other parts of Europe e.g. Italy.
- Well over a hundred variants on the game have been developed by fans, mostly employing other historic scenarios.
- Bo Almqvist further analyses the Irish folk tradition, discussing the two dozen variants it contains.
- In each country the Rococo took on a national character, and in addition many local variants may be distinguished.
- For trailers and climbers, ivy variants are excellent and come in a range of colours.
- Their work was known through a range of manuscript copies, all showing minor or major variants.
- It is disconcerting, however, that two-thirds of the menus here offer variants on pork dishes.
- What we need to do is correlate the various gene variants with various behavioral propensities.
- If a virus is in the human population then over time the number of variants will steadily increase.
- Despite the relatively small number of variants, the form of the tale differs in North Wales and in South Wales.
- Players usually play against each other but some variants allow an individual to play against the bank.
- It may also lead to the identification of genetic variants that define a patient's response to a particular drug.
- Then I turned to the low-fat variants of other products, like cheese, and yoghurt.
- Computer crimes are frequently online variants of established crimes, like fraud and blackmail.
- Microsoft this week released a tool to clean up systems infected by the infamous Blaster worm and its sundry variants.
- Given this diversity, this is no place to expound a systematic account of liberalism in its many forms and variants.
- We zoomed home alone along the sidewalk, singing a dozen variants of a silly song we had made up the day before.
- As can be imagined, there are numerous variants on the basic process.
- For one thing I've expressed variants of this point of view in the past!
1(opinion/interpretation) divergente(form/pronunciation) alternativaa variant spelling of the word — otra grafía de la palabra
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.