In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tienda de saldo feminine
- She has a coffee shop and a variety store in the base of her building.
- I popped into a corner variety store in search of more film.
- The new Marzena Hair Remover gel is on sale now in supermarkets, pharmacies and variety stores priced from around $7.65.
- Officer Brewster observed her using the telephone in a variety store in a strip mall.
- Small photo albums can often be found at variety stores for less than $2.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.