In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are various types of eczema, with slightly different causes and symptoms.
- Some came with empty oil tanks of various sizes to hoard the fuel as much as possible.
- The seminars are presented by the aforementioned authors as well as various professional agencies.
- The various antibiotics in each group differ by the nature of one or two side chains.
- To address this, an instructor must use various teaching methods to capture as many students as possible.
- The performances are polished and well adapted to the differing styles of the various works.
- We had extra staff in the ground, at the railway station and across various parts of the city.
- Monday I leave for Boston with a car full of cameras and film of various shapes and sizes.
- My difficulties with this are many and various and should be shared by most.
- There are also various groups of neurons within the brain stem.
- At the desk Cassie and Sally filled out various forms.
- Further studies are needed to help differentiate between the various possibilities.
- Within each type are several different Pokemon each possessing various abilities.
- There are many mountain ranges throughout the world, all of various ages and sizes.
- You need to do is work out what might happen under the various different scenarios.
- Koi carp found in the UK come in various colours, but are always bright and distinctive.
- We involved women from various parts of the County and from different walks of life.
- The term is used in several different ways and can be applied to various art forms.
- Each building consists principally of residential apartments of various sizes.
- We are all, in our various ways, reliant on others to do their jobs properly.
2(different, diverse)diferentesdiversoslet us consider the various options — consideremos las diversas opciones
- people as various as lawyers and plumbers — personas tan diversas como abogados y fontaneros
- Their environments are locally various and the types of cattle are often divided from each other by the topography of the country.
- Faces in the Crowd offers a wonderfully various and intelligently chosen spread of images.
- Gorky's drawings are so rich, so various, so complex, and often so mysterious that they must be studied with rigorous concentration if we are to tease out their secrets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.