In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To address this, an instructor must use various teaching methods to capture as many students as possible.
- There are various types of eczema, with slightly different causes and symptoms.
- At the desk Cassie and Sally filled out various forms.
- Further studies are needed to help differentiate between the various possibilities.
- You need to do is work out what might happen under the various different scenarios.
- Monday I leave for Boston with a car full of cameras and film of various shapes and sizes.
- The term is used in several different ways and can be applied to various art forms.
- There are also various groups of neurons within the brain stem.
- My difficulties with this are many and various and should be shared by most.
- We had extra staff in the ground, at the railway station and across various parts of the city.
- The performances are polished and well adapted to the differing styles of the various works.
- Some came with empty oil tanks of various sizes to hoard the fuel as much as possible.
- The seminars are presented by the aforementioned authors as well as various professional agencies.
- The various antibiotics in each group differ by the nature of one or two side chains.
- We involved women from various parts of the County and from different walks of life.
- Each building consists principally of residential apartments of various sizes.
- Within each type are several different Pokemon each possessing various abilities.
- Koi carp found in the UK come in various colours, but are always bright and distinctive.
- We are all, in our various ways, reliant on others to do their jobs properly.
- There are many mountain ranges throughout the world, all of various ages and sizes.
2(different, diverse)diferentesdiversoslet us consider the various options — consideremos las diversas opciones
- people as various as lawyers and plumbers — personas tan diversas como abogados y fontaneros
- Gorky's drawings are so rich, so various, so complex, and often so mysterious that they must be studied with rigorous concentration if we are to tease out their secrets.
- Their environments are locally various and the types of cattle are often divided from each other by the topography of the country.
- Faces in the Crowd offers a wonderfully various and intelligently chosen spread of images.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.