In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine canallafeminine alimaña
- It has taken a ton of small game and varmints with the kind of repeatable efficiency that a .22 rifleman would be happy to claim.
- In the resulting court case, he pleads with the jury to set him free to take over as sheriff and run these varmints out of town.
- The long punishing jaws of a borzoi can snatch up small and not-so-small varmints both wild or domestic with lightning speed.
- Whilst baiting up I inadvertently stood next to a wasp's nest, and was attacked by dozens of the varmints, getting stung about 10 times on various parts of my body.
- The sixgun is now available and should be extremely popular for hunting varmints and small game, as well as for the greatest of all handgun sports, plinking.
- The biggest pests on the farm are the varmints - voles, gophers, wild turkey and quail.
- For rifle enthusiasts who practice regularly, who shoot varmints or targets at long range, a 300 yard shot on a big game animal is not difficult.
- Down on the main street is the Number Ten Saloon where Wild Bill copped a bullet in the back from a hired varmint named Jack McCall.
- Incredibly, the voracious varmints passed them up, perhaps because larkspurs, both flowers and seeds, are toxic (something to consider if you have livestock or chewing pets).
- It might have come in handy if we ever spotted the Eastern Screech-Owl that disturbed our already suspect outdoor slumber, but the voluble varmint was well-hidden.
- Out at 130 yards, which was the farthest shot taken, you better plan on making a head or upper body shot on small varmints.
- A great deal of space is devoted to hunting small game, varmints and big game in the US and Africa.
- And sometimes, those varmints can be pretty darn big.
- Over time, I have developed a near phobia regarding the varmints to the point where I don't even like them mentioned.
- All I heard constantly was the buzzing of mosquitoes and other pesky swamp varmints.
- The poor footing provided by the metal and the heat radiated by it should discourage the varmints from using your roof for their track meets.
- These farmers often had to deal with varmints, and laid traps, then as now, as the most efficient way of addressing that problem.
- Sam, who has bought the General Store, is immediately faced with the prospect of paying protection money to the town baddie, Parker Tillman, the double-dealing varmint who sold him the store in the first place.
- Keep your hands and arms covered to protect yourself from poison ivy or garden varmints.
- My fiancee-civilized, gentle soul-once beaned a squirrel with an ice cube to keep the varmint from stripping her sunflowers bare.
- Besides nest robbers such as the great horned owl and the raven, and a couple of egg-sucking varmints like the raccoon, there isn't much in nature that ospreys fear.
- He had lived on prairie varmints for two days straight.
- It is our job to deal with these pesky varmints and stick fines on their windscreens.
- Why, they got out their shotguns and went hunting for the varmints.
- And today we're in the badlands of cowboy capitalism, uncovering what the varmints have done to our retirement savings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.