In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1equipo universitario masculine(team) masculine universitario(match) interuniversitario
- Conner had him on the freshman team for two days before moving him to the varsity.
- I've played two years on varsity for Lincoln - 9th and 10th grade.
- The freshman and junior varsity programs can continue the development of fundamentals in preparation for the varsity.
- He said he wanted to play for the varsity team but never went out for it.
- The reason why Clemington had made it to the finals four years in a row would have to be based on the fact that four years ago, Chris Donovan and Devon Matthews joined the boy's varsity team.
- How could I not be used to it when I'm in the volleyball varsity team?
- He shot up to 5-8 before joining the varsity, and now, listed at 6-0, is at least an inch taller than his father and brother.
- Greg Henderson was the youngest on the team; he was a sophomore on varsity.
- He was even more of an athlete than Ross - although he would be entering eighth grade come fall, he was on the varsity football, basketball, and lacrosse team.
- His junior year he decided to give the game another try, and made the junior varsity squad.
- In varsity and Olympic competition, races may involve boats with one, two, four, or eight rowers.
- By the time he joined the varsity as a sophomore, he and his coach realized he should become a full-time catcher.
- Your best friend made the varsity basketball team?
- The varsity is for the most experienced and talented players.
- As a freshman at Birmingham High School in Los Angeles, he was a pretty good basketball player, made junior varsity, and although he didn't play much he put up good numbers when he did.
- Her boyfriend went to Vallier, and played on the varsity basketball team.
- It was only a few weeks later that he scored 169 for Cambridge in the varsity match.
- I played varsity golf my senior year in high school.
- On the weekend of 7th week the varsity marathon kayaking takes place.
- Emily, Crash's buddy and team mate, was good enough that they moved her up to play varsity with the 16-18 year olds.
- I was into music and arts; he was on the baseball varsity of his school and the team representing his city.
- There were about ten people who were from the varsity team last year, and fifteen from the junior varsity.
- Mikie was the captain of the varsity basketball team and had been away a week at Ohio for a tournament with the top high school teams in the country.
- The sport has been played at the university for almost 30 years and this year, the annual varsity match against Cambridge was on Sky TV.
- Also a special word for Steve Bacon, who added to his recent heroics in the varsity match to ease his way to the singles cuppers championship as well.
- With five assistant coaches and two trainers, the varsity's bench resembled an NBA team's.
- I played at Lord's in the varsity match, but unfortunately we lost.
- He was also elected captain for the varsity basketball team and class president that same year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.