In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The vascular effects result in tissue ischemia from vasoconstriction, platelet aggregation, and increased blood viscosity.
- At low doses, local anesthetics cause systemic vasoconstriction and raise blood pressure.
- The effect is a dramatic increase in blood pressure due to vasoconstriction.
- The hawthorn plant contains pharmacologically active flavonoids that inhibit vasoconstriction and actively dilate blood vessels.
- Following a vascular injury, vasoconstriction and retraction usually occur immediately and decrease blood flow to the affected area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.