- Patients who are being treated with vasopressors should be weaned off the medications if possible.
- In this study, abrupt drug withdrawal reinduced norepinephrine dependency in 30% of patients previously weaned from vasopressors.
- Patients with hypotension should be treated more aggressively, with fluids, inotropic agents or vasopressors as indicated to maintain perfusion and prevent extension of the infarct.
- He was admitted to the intensive care unit in septic shock and was treated with broad-spectrum antibiotics and vasopressors.
- Central venous catheters are used for haemodynamic monitoring, giving vasopressors and cytotoxic drugs, sampling blood, and giving fluids and parenteral nutrition.