1the Vatican — el Vaticano
- before noun the Vatican Council — el Concilio Vaticano
- The money raised went straight to the church and to the Vatican.
- Many high-ranking officials in the Guatemalan government were members of religious orders that staunchly uphold the position of the Vatican.
- It's important to remember that Cardinal Martino doesn't represent the official opinion of the Vatican.
- Barcelona's archbishop - who sees Gaudi as belonging to the tradition of religious mystics - put their case to the Vatican, which in 1999 agreed in record-breaking time to start the process.
- His nomination by Cork clergy as their bishop was not ratified by the Vatican.