In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Aviation Mathematicsvector masculine(product/sum) vectorial
- For matrix multiplication, vectors without superscript are treated as columns and vectors with the T superscript as rows.
- Several morphological differences are demonstrated by the size and direction of the vectors that indicate the position of the landmarks of the target specimen in relation to the base specimen.
- This is the result of multiplying the matrix times the column vector, Wp, of original probabilities.
- A PC is a vector quantified by a direction and a length.
- Angular momentum is a vector quantity, meaning it has both magnitude and direction, and can be described by three components (in three dimensions).
- One strength of the presentation is the emphasis on the dual views of a linear system as intersecting planes and as combinations of column vectors.
- A vector quantity has magnitude and direction.
- In contrast, the electric field is a vector quantity (meaning it has both a magnitude and a direction).
- A data matrix having 21 column vectors with 86,000 grid points each can be generated from difference maps and decomposed in ~ 0.5 min.
- We adapt the general matrix multiplication formula to, where the vertex vectors consist only of column 0 and the second subscript refers to the row entry of the vector.
2Biologyvector masculineportador masculineportadora feminine
- There is no evidence implicating an insect vector in the transmission of HIV.
- Movement of animals and disease vectors is perhaps one of the most common causes of disease emergence globally.
- The bacteria are transmitted primarily by insect vectors, citrus psyllids, and through infected planting materials.
- Infectious diseases spread through vectors and vehicles
- Migratory songbirds play an important role in their environment and can for example be important disease vectors.
- Dogs are still one of the primary vectors for transmitting rabies to humans in undeveloped parts of the world.
- Activities in remote areas increase the chance of exposure to insect vectors and fresh-water lakes and streams that may harbor schistosomes or leptospires.
- Surface water harbours pathogens and the insect vectors of infectious diseases.
- The Lone Star and Ixodes ticks are the vectors for this disease.
- Foxes are known vectors for rabies and can transmit the disease to humans and other animals.
- Programs to rid cities of mosquitoes that spread West Nile virus or fleas, ticks, and lice that are vectors of disease may be worthwhile, she said.
- Instead of killing the insect vectors of diseases, the Nazis tried to kill the human hosts of the pathogens.
- The publication of this monograph on the mosquitoes in the seven northeastern States, and particularly of known and potential vectors of human disease, is therefore welcome.
- Now, in the 21st century, our researchers are still studying the relationships between animal hosts, insect and arthropod vectors, and disease agents.
- While studies have shown that HIV can survive on bedbugs' mouthparts for up to an hour, the insects are not known to be vectors for disease.
- The body louse, Pediculus humanus corporis, is a vector of epidemic typhus, trench fever, and relapsing fever.
- Insecticides kill insect defoliators and vectors of deadly human diseases such as malaria, yellow fever, plague, and typhus.
- Species within the Proteaceae utilize a variety of animal vectors (mammals, insects and birds) to disperse pollen.
- This tick is also a vector of Rocky Mountain spotted fever, a rickettsial disease of man.
- They played an important role as intermediate hosts or vectors of pathogens causing diseases to man and pet animals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.