In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vegetariano estricto masculinevegetariana estricta feminine
- Dietary-related vitamin B12 deficiency is rare, but strict vegans may be at risk because their diet excludes the foods that provide this vitamin.
- All are vegetarians, many are vegans and some, including Ella, are fruitarians, living off a diet of nothing but fruit.
- Nuts play a vital role in vegan cooking, and they're used frequently here.
- For pregnant or nursing vegan mothers, it's important to eat these foods as well as take a reputable brand of vitamin supplement.
- Strict vegans should look for fortified foods, and take a vegetarian B12 supplement.
- Mothers who use soya-based formulas are in most cases strict vegetarians or vegans avoiding baby foods made with cow's milk.
- Unlike ovo-lacto vegetarians, vegans have eliminated all animal products from their diets.
- However, strict vegetarians and vegans are more at risk for low B12 than others.
- The regime is so precise that half the dishes can be consumed by strict vegans.
- Since cholesterol is found only in animal products such as meat, dairy products and eggs, vegans consume a cholesterol-free diet.
- This recipe is ideal for lactose-intolerant people, vegetarians and vegans.
- Even vegans, who eat no animal fat at all, make enough cholesterol to meet all their body's needs.
- ‘There's absolutely no question that it's unethical for parents to bring up their children as strict vegans,’ she said.
- Marmite-lovers, particularly vegetarians and vegans, benefit from its high vitamin B content, vitamins that are mainly found in foods of animal origin.
- There is a spa menu with wheat-free, dairy-free and vegan options.
- It prides itself on not using genetically-modified food and uses organic products where possible, while also catering for vegans and those on wheat-free diets.
- Many recipes use animal products, but almost all include vegetarian and vegan versions.
- There is an undercurrent of anger among many vegans and animal activists and, regrettably, it has become one of the central characteristics by which outsiders define us as a group.
- I have no doubt that if everyone was vegan the world would be a healthier, happier and better place.
- Even vegetarians and vegans are not safe from the food scare epidemic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.