In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Waterhemps vary greatly in vegetative characters in nature, but such characters are usually only poorly represented on herbarium specimens.
- A vegetative physiological parameter widely used to study plant tolerance to temperature is cell membrane thermostability.
- As we've moved, so have our food and exotic vegetative companions like apple and burdock.
- Planting after June 1 generally results in lower yields due to reduced vegetative plant size.
- A summary of the dominance of the herbicide resistance trait, its fitness cost, and its effect on vegetative plant morphology for each of the eight mutant lines
- Inulin type fructan was detected in all vegetative organs of Campanula rapunculoides L. plants.
- Winter chilling has two principal effects: it removes dormancy, so that when warm conditions return in the spring the plants have renewed vegetative vigour.
- Tortula ruralis is an important model system for the study of plant vegetative desiccation tolerance.
- These sugars, normally associated with the seed desiccation process, apparently are not involved in the WD responses of lupin vegetative tissues.
- The satellite combines the data from the red and near infrared wavelengths to calculate a vegetative index, which is an indication of plant health.
- The ability to grow plants devoid of secondary phenolics for several vegetative generations could yield important insights with regard to these, and other processes.
- This before we even consider my planned treatise on the vegetative god, Drop and Give Me Plenty.
- According to noted plant ecologist Andre Clewell, this vegetative mix is normally found on the coast - more than 15 miles away.
- The usual mode of reproduction in Hydra is vegetative, by forming asexual buds.
- Many perennial plants combine sexual reproduction through seeds with reproduction through vegetative propagation.
- In addition, the modular structure and less targeted vegetative morphology of plants enable them to have much greater morphological plasticity than could typical animals.
- A vegetable is technically derived from any other part of the plant - the vegetative parts, including the roots, stem, and leaves.
- The tree borders or vegetative buffer strips that are often planted around farm fields to filter out sediment and pesticides in runoff may also provide habitat.
- Today Sargassum reproduces asexually by vegetative budding of new shoots that eventually break off to form new plants.
- The entire complement of IAA conjugates has also been determined in vegetative tissues of several plant species.
- In the majority of clonal plant species, which reproduce chiefly by vegetative propagation, seedling recruitment is infrequent.
- Thymus loscosii might have a combined strategy of sexual and asexual reproduction, since vegetative propagation of stolons has been observed in the field.
- As in most other Mediterranean orchids, vegetative characters are similar across species and do not distinguish them.
- Some modifiers have been reported to enhance anthocyanin pigmentation of vegetative parts in plants carrying specific r1 haplotypes.
- It has been predominantly isolated from soils, vegetative plant parts, seeds, and cotton fabrics.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.