In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vegetariano masculinevegetariana feminine
- The vegetarians are given a wide choice too and some of the veggie items are delectable.
- It's getting easier in burger bars but very good or very cheap restaurants tend to have little for veggies.
- My wife was most impressed by the veggie dish, which comprised mainly of courgettes and aubergines, and tasted excellent, although the pork was also fine.
- All those vegetable trimmings, potato peelings and veggies from the table can all go on the compost heap.
- The property we bought had a lovely garden, fruit trees, and a veggie patch.
- They may be vegan but raise poultry to have a regular supply of manure for the vegie garden.
- Seven-year-old Cody gets a buzz out of growing vegetables for his family, and raising chickens for the manure they provide for his vegie patch.
- It was mixed with a medley of veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, carrots etc.
- To reduce or avoid cramps altogether, a week before your period, load up on green, leafy veggies and whole grains.
- Don't bother making this is if you're a veggie: the pancetta is really what binds everything together.
- We already operate a veggie box scheme, but have to buy in many of our products.
- I purée steamed veggies, such as zucchini and carrots, and mix them with tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- You might love your meat but you'll find that a veggie meal is easier to digest.
- Most veggies seem to be women in my experience!
- Each day, residents are presented with a menu for the following day, offering a choice of four or five main meals, including a veggie option.
- Trim the ends, and cut all veggies in little sticks, not too thin.
- Sure, I have an extensive veggie garden on my tiny bit of land - even dug up a bit of lawn to plant tomatoes and marrows, which we're being overwhelmed with at present.
- If we were all veggies animals such as the cow, pig, and sheep would probably be on the verge of extinction.
- We grow our own veggies at home - and I know that I am lucky, but why not invest in a veggie box delivered to your door?
- I'm a vegetarian and often there's nothing to eat in these kind of places but they had an impressive veggie menu and the peanut butter ice cream was one of the finest things I've ever eaten.
- Side dishes included roast potatoes, a spinach bake, country mix veggies, rice, gravy and lots of fresh salads.
- And some of my favourite meals could be shared by any of my veggie friends.
- Not being keen on traditional roasts and veg, I went for the veggie dish, a sweet and sour vegetable mix on a bed of rice, and found it an acceptable if unexciting meal.
- Studies show little difference in iron deficiency between veggies and non-veggies.
- I'm sure there are lots of healthy veggies out there, and I admire them for making the effort to eat healthily, but it's not for me.
- Try a veggie recipe and take a minute to see if you like it.
- Nuts, fruits and easy-to-eat veggies, like carrot sticks, are excellent snacks.
- The following evening we got a veggie cutlet instead of the meat eaters' roast pork.
- I call myself a gardener, but I just let the whole vegie patch go completely to seed.
- I did like the assortment of steamed veggies - carrots, green beans etc. - that came with the plate.
- There may still be very little for veggies but, on the surface, at least, the world's biggest restaurant chain is changing.
- But the best part of being a veggie is learning how to cook and enjoy real, fresh tasty food.
- For a veggie barbecue, many people grill whole portabello mushrooms marinated in either a barbecue marinade or in raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
- Now I have fruit a few times a day and veggies like salad, broccoli, spinach and green beans with every meal.
- This fresh and tasty dip can be eaten with veggies, or spread on toasted bread.
- I urge you to try being a veggie for say one week and see how much you enjoy the taste of fresh wholesome food.
- I had veal with sautéed mushrooms, veggies and the best roasted potatoes I think I've ever had.
- It's getting too hot to plant much in the vegie garden now.
- IT'S a family tradition to tuck into a huge veggie breakfast.
- If you're worried about how to start a vegie garden consult one of the excellent beginner guidebooks or videos, which give instructions on every step of the process.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.