In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Business Lawvendedor masculinevendedora feminine
- The vendor's solicitor responded with a letter to Kent dated October 9.
- I'd just grab something from a vendor's cart in the marketplace.
- Contracts between the vendor and the claimant were exchanged on 12 th June 1995.
- Street vendors had set up their carts in front of her space, keeping customers away.
- The explosion in Baghdad occurred in a market when police tried to dismantle two bombs found in vendors ' stalls.
- First, he must be sure that the vendor of the property is really entitled to sell it.
- He nodded and I turned away, walking straight up to the vendor's cart.
- Today's street vendors hawk pirated DVD movies and contraband toys and clothing from China.
- For example, Unilever sells soap through street vendors and Coca-Cola is sold through kiosks.
- They found a street vendor selling ice cream; this time Rose wouldn't take no for an answer.
- On 30 June the Solicitors remitted the full purchase price of £102,000 to the Vendor's solicitors.
- In the agreement the vendor warranted that the pool machinery was properly constructed and free of structural deficits.
- You'll see vendors hawking everything from incense to books on the latest conspiracy theory.
- In Peru's informal economic sector, street vendors sell anything from food to flowers.
- The hotdog vendor looked up from his task of assembling Rhino's meal and stared at them.
- These are sold at market or by street vendors, but people typically grow enough for their own consumption.
- She explained that some place had become a dumping area for rotting vegetables that vendors were unable to sale.
- I learned to drink espresso there served up from a little vendor's cart.
- The cries of children playing and street vendors hawking their merchandise rose above the hubbub.
- A seafood vendor hawks his goods at a morning market in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.
- She glanced around quickly, and her eyes caught a street vender who was selling ice cream.
- The battle should begin with shop owners, they should not allow vendors along the corridors.
- Street vendors and small restaurants in Bangkok also reported chicken sales have dived since late last week.
- Surprisingly, many middle-class customers also enjoy buying from the street vendors.
- I am reminded of a very simple example where hotdog vendors compete for location on a strip of beach.
2street vendorvendedor ambulante masculinevendedora ambulante femininechestnut vendor — castañero masculine
- ice cream vendor — heladera
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.