In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1veneración femininetheir memory/name was held in veneration — se veneraba su recuerdo/su nombre
- What he possesses in spades is a respect that borders on veneration.
- Adoration and veneration may be the stuff of religious vision.
- They, therefore, offer worship and not mere veneration to it.
- Just maybe we can confront our place with awe and admiration, respect and veneration.
- They were not objects of respect and veneration; they became objects of mockery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.