In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carne de venado femininevenado masculine
- French chefs often used to complain that they could get nothing but venison from roe deer.
- While true wild venison is full of flavour, often the meat can be bruised if the animal is shot badly.
- There's even venison and steak for those irritating diners who go to seafood restaurants and choose meat.
- This is good news for lovers of venison, as even farmed deer are fed a pretty natural diet.
- I used to think that venison lacked flavour, but this meat has a depth of flavour and tenderness that is quite divine.
- Richard freeze-dried the head and neck and saved the meat for venison patties.
- It's a wonderful recipe of pork, venison, steak, kielbasa sausage and sauerkraut.
- It may need to be as vegan as a freshly plucked dandelion leaf, or as bloody as a rare grilled haunch of venison.
- When you buy venison, it is normally red deer which can be farmed or grazed in parks.
- There's also imported food such as olives, coffee, specialist bread and cakes, wild boar and venison.
- Served in a piping hot tureen, the tender venison meat was soaking in a sauce that tasted of pearl onions and wine.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over venison and roast in oven to desired doneness.
- I hoped he would bring back a deer, venison sounded like a nice change from rabbit stew.
- Highland Game, which sells venison from deer shot on Highland estates, said the demand for the meat was increasing.
- Season and sear the venison rack and venison loin on all sides until golden brown.
- Whether boning a side of venison or threading hooks through bait, his every action is soft, secure, measured.
- Tuck into steak, roast beef, venison and other red meat at least three times a week
- Beef, venison, and bison meat could be smoked for storage or cut into strips and dried.
- They ranged from sea-urchin and clams to slices of venison and wild boar.
- To prevent the spread of the disease, the European Union has banned exports of venison and other red meats.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.