In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carne de venado femininevenado masculine
- To prevent the spread of the disease, the European Union has banned exports of venison and other red meats.
- This is good news for lovers of venison, as even farmed deer are fed a pretty natural diet.
- There's even venison and steak for those irritating diners who go to seafood restaurants and choose meat.
- Served in a piping hot tureen, the tender venison meat was soaking in a sauce that tasted of pearl onions and wine.
- French chefs often used to complain that they could get nothing but venison from roe deer.
- While true wild venison is full of flavour, often the meat can be bruised if the animal is shot badly.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over venison and roast in oven to desired doneness.
- When you buy venison, it is normally red deer which can be farmed or grazed in parks.
- I hoped he would bring back a deer, venison sounded like a nice change from rabbit stew.
- Highland Game, which sells venison from deer shot on Highland estates, said the demand for the meat was increasing.
- Tuck into steak, roast beef, venison and other red meat at least three times a week
- I used to think that venison lacked flavour, but this meat has a depth of flavour and tenderness that is quite divine.
- Richard freeze-dried the head and neck and saved the meat for venison patties.
- Season and sear the venison rack and venison loin on all sides until golden brown.
- It's a wonderful recipe of pork, venison, steak, kielbasa sausage and sauerkraut.
- Beef, venison, and bison meat could be smoked for storage or cut into strips and dried.
- It may need to be as vegan as a freshly plucked dandelion leaf, or as bloody as a rare grilled haunch of venison.
- There's also imported food such as olives, coffee, specialist bread and cakes, wild boar and venison.
- They ranged from sea-urchin and clams to slices of venison and wild boar.
- Whether boning a side of venison or threading hooks through bait, his every action is soft, secure, measured.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.