In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Inside the beans of the castor plant is a toxin seven times more deadly than cobra venom.
- In conclusion, whole honeybee venom was found to suppress arthritic inflammation in the rat.
- Patients with bites from snakes with neurotoxic venom should be observed for at least 24 hours.
- He watched as it pierced through the protection and injected its venom.
- Cobra attacks its prey by spitting poisonous venom called neurotoxin.
- Males have hollow spurs connected to venom glands on the ankle of each hind leg.
- Stingrays have a spine at the base of their tail that contains a venom gland.
- Do all populations of Mojave rattlesnakes have neurotoxic venom?
- He noted that bee venom could be poisonous to both animals and humans.
- There are approximately 2,000 species of scorpions; of those, only around 40 to 50 contain deadly venom.
- Ricin is twice as deadly as cobra venom and there is no known antidote.
- Centipedes' modified front legs are poison claws, which they use to inject a highly toxic venom.
- A number of researchers have suggested that venom toxins are modified saliva proteins.
- Blood tests showed that he died of spider venom poisoning.
- The dragon has wounded him, and his poisonous venom is killing the brave Beowulf.
- In addition, they differ in their binding ability to proteinases in crude snake venoms.
- Are there special properties in tarantula venom that other spiders might not have?
- Amazingly, one of the toxins resembles an enzyme found in potent snake venoms.
- Is it true that there is a new treatment for brain tumors involving scorpion venom?
- But for children with insect venom allergy, an insect bite can cause more severe symptoms.
2(malice)ponzoña feminineveneno masculinemalevolencia femininehe spoke with venom — habló con verdadero veneno
- Gabrielle looked up from her book and shot him a look of pure venom.
- Here is a man who was supposedly praying one minute and spewing venom the next.
- Her voice was full of venom, and there was a very large hint that she did not like her job.
- Adrianne spat, venom dripping from her words.
- She shot Leonard a look of pure venom as she turned for the exit.
- Let them be shielded from the shafts of malice, and protected against the venom of personal vituperation.
- His eyes flickered to Leopold, erasing any doubt that his comment had been full of venom.
- They were filled with such venom and hatred that Bryan was even too stunned to respond.
- Elizabeth, learning of his dislike, makes it a point to match his disgust with her own venom.
- Once again Grace spoke quietly, with absolutely no venom or malice, or any emotion at all.
- Pure venom shone in her eyes before she whipped around splashing through the water.
- When did I stop liking people, and begin to hate them with such venom?
- His eyes filled with cold, deadly venom, and a short snarl escaped his lips.
- My answer came with such venom dripping from every word, I surprised myself.
- There wasn't enough venom in my voice to make the question an accusation.
- But the debates were good ones and, on the whole, discussions were held without rancour or venom.
- Father Malachi spoke with venom in his voice that Judy would be jealous of.
- The woman glared up at Natasha with pure venom and hatred in her dark green eyes.
- That's why our country is in the mess it is in right now, even our so-called religious leaders are full of venom.
- Pity to waste good viper venom on an audience of one.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.