In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Brain parenchyma from the parietal lobe showed venous congestion, hemorrhage, and diffuse edema.
- Two of the most common manifestations of venous insufficiency are varicose veins and hemorrhoids.
- A venous Doppler study confirmed venous thrombosis of the deep femoral vein.
- Right jugular venous distension was less than 4 cm above the sternal angle.
- He had a raised jugular venous pressure and heard crackles at the base of both lungs.
- The standard technique for placing central venous catheters is by using anatomical landmarks.
- The increase is probably due to raised venous pressure from jugular vein constriction.
- There was no jugular venous distension, murmur, rub, gallop, thrill, or heave.
- The confluences of the venous sinuses of the dura mater are variable.
- Check the lower extremities for edema and any signs suggestive of deep venous thrombosis.
- Once the wound occurs, the high venous pressure and resulting edema interferes with healing.
- Sounds arising from venous flow in the abdomen, called venous hums, are uncommon.
- They play an important part in the venous drainage of subcutaneous veins.
- The ink was all in the muscle, or in some cases had tracked into the vertebral venous plexuses.
- Arterial and venous endothelial cells are molecularly distinct from the earliest stages of angiogenesis.
- Restricted space in most seats encourages musculoskeletal aches and venous stasis.
- A patient with advanced right heart failure will have jugular venous distension, edema and ascites.
- They were also tested for the common gene mutations that predispose to venous thromboembolism.
- The authors conclude that venous ulcers are a common and costly problem.
- Soon after, laboratory blood tests found that venous glucose concentration was only 1.2 mmol/l.
2(leaf) nervado(rock) veteado
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.