In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The ink was all in the muscle, or in some cases had tracked into the vertebral venous plexuses.
- Arterial and venous endothelial cells are molecularly distinct from the earliest stages of angiogenesis.
- They were also tested for the common gene mutations that predispose to venous thromboembolism.
- There was no jugular venous distension, murmur, rub, gallop, thrill, or heave.
- Brain parenchyma from the parietal lobe showed venous congestion, hemorrhage, and diffuse edema.
- A patient with advanced right heart failure will have jugular venous distension, edema and ascites.
- They play an important part in the venous drainage of subcutaneous veins.
- Sounds arising from venous flow in the abdomen, called venous hums, are uncommon.
- The standard technique for placing central venous catheters is by using anatomical landmarks.
- The increase is probably due to raised venous pressure from jugular vein constriction.
- A venous Doppler study confirmed venous thrombosis of the deep femoral vein.
- Once the wound occurs, the high venous pressure and resulting edema interferes with healing.
- He had a raised jugular venous pressure and heard crackles at the base of both lungs.
- Check the lower extremities for edema and any signs suggestive of deep venous thrombosis.
- Two of the most common manifestations of venous insufficiency are varicose veins and hemorrhoids.
- Soon after, laboratory blood tests found that venous glucose concentration was only 1.2 mmol/l.
- The confluences of the venous sinuses of the dura mater are variable.
- Right jugular venous distension was less than 4 cm above the sternal angle.
- The authors conclude that venous ulcers are a common and costly problem.
- Restricted space in most seats encourages musculoskeletal aches and venous stasis.
2(leaf) nervado(rock) veteado
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.