In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine conducto de ventilaciónfeminine ventilaciónmasculine tiro
- One alternative to the traditional metal or colored plastic roof vents is to use a continuous ridge vent.
- Right then, a purple gas escaped from vents at the top of his hallow prison.
- Roll pastry for the upper crust, and cut a design for steam vents.
- It had several openings for doors and windows, plus a chimney vent on each end.
- Then I unscrewed the vent and pushed it aside.
- Closing the roof vents and covering the fan when not in use will also reduce air movement through the grain.
- Make sure jars have tight lids and are kept away from sunlight and heating vents.
- A metallic maze of chimneys, pipes and vents glitters on the horizon in the desert outside Khartoum, dominating the landscape for miles around.
- Another conspicuous feature is the large vent hole on the top of the case.
- With a clothes dryer, check the outside dryer vent cap where it exits the house.
- Have chimneys and vents inspected when installing or changing vented heating appliances.
- The slanted light from the vent cover not far behind her illuminated her silhouette.
- A metal vent cover hit the floor of an alleyway with a large clatter.
- A proper attic vent system consists of an intake and an exhaust.
- They suffocated after an air vent was closed.
- Jessie went to open all the vents while Alicia went to Jamaal's bedroom.
- The bathrooms and kitchen are exhaust rooms, with exhaust vents to the outside.
- When I purchased the property, my home inspector said I should install foundation vents.
- Lucie and Matt crawled through the musty vent shaft.
- Aelex glared angrily through the smoke vent at the top of the tent.
- Security of air intake vents is important, especially for high-rises and large sports facilities.
- Cut a small vent hole in the center of the parchment circle and set aside.
- According to the mechanical code, dryer vent ducts must be made of metal.
- Water cascades over the yellow rocks and soil of the Galway Soufriere volcanic vent.
- Recent research around volcanic vents has found tiny organisms that breathe iron.
- Laid in burrows or under mounds, megapode eggs are incubated by the warmth of the sun, rotting vegetation, or volcanic vents.
- A box had been erected over a volcanic vent from which issued sulfurous vapors.
- Lava moves away from the vent toward the ocean in a network of tubes and descends Pulama pali in several separate tubes.
- I remember Hawaiian native friends fighting the Vatican, which wanted to tap their sacred geothermal vents.
- They all have no nucleus and survive in the highest atmosphere, the hottest volcanic vents, and everywhere in between.
- Today, some hope to use volcanic steam vents to generate energy.
- The lava from the Undara volcano travelled 164 km to create the longest lava flow from one single vent in modern geological time.
- The ringmaster then waved his hand and the earth opened up, revealing a vent filled with hot magma.
- Approximately 80% of the total lava volume was erupted from the 2100 m and the 2550 m vents.
- Columnar joints are best developed in sills and dykes, volcanic vents, and former lava lakes.
- Sliding and colliding, separating and fragmenting, great trenches are forming, and volcanoes and vents are being created.
- Did life originate on Mars or in hot volcanic vents here on Earth?
- These new vents remained phreatomagmatic until 25 July, when the activity changed for 5 days to Strombolian and effusive.
- Garment features a self-tailored collar, three-button placket and a straight hem bottom with side vents.
- The style is tight-fitting with side vents and an elastic waistband, typically made out of cotton or cotton/polyester blend jersey knit.
- It's fully lined with Bemberg rayon and features a discreet chest pocket, front flap pockets, and a back vent.
- A camp shirt should have a clean-finished hem with side vents so it can be worn tucked out for a relaxed look or tucked in.
- The shirt features a casual button-down front with chest pocket (men's only) and side vents.
- I shortened my skirt by 7 inches and lowered the vent by 2 inches because I'm under 5 feet.
- You should also look out for pockets, the lapel's style, and whether or not the overcoat has a vent in the back.
- Figure-hugging silhouettes are accented by zippered pockets, panels and side vents.
- The ventral slit is a vent on the obverse side which is neater, transforming the jumper from a tight crew-neck to a comfier V-neck.
- It's made from super 120's Italian wool and features a three-button closure, side vents and pickstitched lapels.
- An ‘American’ jacket has a single vent in the middle of the garment.
- Quality extras include coconut buttons, a left chest pocket, double-needle stitching on the shoulders, and split side vents.
- Crafted of a smooth cotton blend, it features a pointed collar, white pearlescent buttons, and a straight bottom hem with side vents.
2masculine respiraderofeminine rejilla de ventilación
3Motor vehicles entrada de aire femininefeminine válvula de entrada de aire
4feminine chimeneafeminine fumarolato give vent to sth — dar rienda suelta a algo
- he gave vent to his fury by smashing the bottle — dio rienda suelta a su ira / se desahogó rompiendo la botella
1(rage/feelings/frustration) dar rienda suelta a(frustration/rage/feelings) dar salida adon't vent your anger on the children — no te desahogues con los niños
1Clothingabertura femininetajo masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.