In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in room, building)ventilación feminine
- The most effective way to prevent it is by providing adequate ventilation.
- Provide adequate ventilation to maintain indoor humidity levels between 30-60 %.
- Dai followed her gaze to the ventilation shaft above them then looked at Cooper.
- Looking ahead of him, he saw a ventilation grate fall from the ceiling.
- Even a home with functional attic ventilation can now develop molds on the roof sheathing cavities above these unsatisfactory ducts.
- However, there is no active cooling or even ventilation holes in the unit.
- He removed the ventilation grate aside, allowing himself to slide back onto solid ground again.
- I've only got up to section 3, which is about ventilation shafts.
- Jack ducked past a fallen ventilation duct on his way to the shuttle hangar.
- The school building had a mechanical supply and exhaust ventilation system.
- More often, however, it is inadequate attic ventilation.
- If anything, modern methods and improved ventilation should reduce the risk to asthmatics.
- He saw an open ventilation grate, big enough to fit both of them at once.
- Rhea's movements were noiseless and careful as she slithered down the ventilation duct.
- Here two men are shown recuperating in the stoke hold under the ventilation shaft.
- Many web sites discuss the importance of attic ventilation, too.
- Firefighters used thermal imaging equipment and a pressurised ventilation system to tackle the smoke.
- Provide adequate ventilation with window fans when using adhesives, as some are toxic.
- They were then able to start to climb up back into the ventilation ducts.
- In more severe climates, heat recovery ventilation and other techniques may be practical.
2(system)sistema de ventilación masculine(pipe) de ventilaciónventilation shaft — pozo de ventilación masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.