In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- According to program statistics from 2001, 70 per cent of new homes without proper heat recovery ventilators were under-ventilated.
- A corridor along the room on one side has ventilators opening onto the drain.
- Firemen used a positive pressure ventilator to force out the smoke.
- Remove the ventilators and put in the storm plates; duct tape over hatches and large port lights.
- Maybe we should put ventilators in the White House, just in case.
- Plenty of light enters through empty portholes on both sides of the engine room and ventilator hatches in the roof.
- We stratified trials by different high-frequency ventilators and by different ventilatory strategies.
- This is a model beehive, and that is a ventilator, for ventilating sewers.
- They occur frequently in Chinese mines, which often lack even rudimentary safety equipment such as ventilators to disperse the gas.
- ‘Close all doors, windows and ventilators,’ says the MoD report.
- The indoor air circulates through the core of the heat recovery ventilator along with cold, fresh, outdoor air.
- A smart bomb found its way down the ventilator shaft of the shelter.
- Adjustable ceiling ventilators let you control the airflow, while a window on the fly makes it feel less like you're in the doghouse.
- So you can see why turbine ventilators should never be covered up in the winter.
- Inlet chamber temperature was influenced by ambient air temperature and ventilator output temperature.
- There were ventilators but the portholes had to remain closed.
- At one end of the hall, turbine air ventilators have been put up.
- The participants going in wore full equipment, including ventilators, and had it checked by their compatriots going in.
- Ventilation was provided by a high-frequency jet ventilator through a cannula attached to the proximal port of the rigid bronchoscope.
- The much-needed ventilators cost £20,000 each and the band hopes to give the fundraising appeal a real boost.
2Medicinerespirador (artificial) masculineventilador masculine
- Fifteen have been so ill they have required ventilator support to stay alive.
- Therefore, the correct ventilator setting should theoretically be tested during a formal sleep study.
- Frequent communication with his family revealed that he desired to have ventilator support withdrawn.
- Patients were screened daily using published guidelines for ability to wean from the mechanical ventilator.
- Six patients reported symptomatic improvement, including three who were weaned off the mechanical ventilator.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.