- If either of these proteins is absent, then the motor axons select dorsal and ventral pathways randomly.
- The dorsal and ventral edges of the centra are more nearly equal in width in the larger specimens.
- Just outside each vertebra, the dorsal and ventral roots unite to form a spinal nerve on each side.
- The waves continue coupled to a series of dorsal and ventral flexions of the whole body.
- The nervous system consists of a lobed dorsal brain and ventral nerve cord with fused paired ganglia.