In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The nervous system consists of a lobed dorsal brain and ventral nerve cord with fused paired ganglia.
- The dorsal and ventral edges of the centra are more nearly equal in width in the larger specimens.
- Just outside each vertebra, the dorsal and ventral roots unite to form a spinal nerve on each side.
- If either of these proteins is absent, then the motor axons select dorsal and ventral pathways randomly.
- The waves continue coupled to a series of dorsal and ventral flexions of the whole body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.