In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ventrílocuo masculineventrílocua feminine
- Rather than serving as ventriloquists ' puppets for adult expression, Siegel's children seem to speak only for themselves.
- This is part of his insightful and terrifyingly personal series of poems from a ventriloquist's dummy to its puppeteer.
- A ventriloquist and puppet collector is to put her rare collection on display.
- The lonely Harlan Pepper, a would-be ventriloquist and believer in animal ESP, has his hopes riding on Hubert the bloodhound.
- Talking of which, I've just got a great job: it's writing a 20 minute dialogue for a ventriloquist and dummy.
- Photos and playbills from famous ventriloquists line the walls.
- A freakish ventriloquist dummy with the face and voice of a small child told us where to go.
- The narrative may be a ventriloquist's dummy's dream, or the dream of a woman dreaming she's a ventriloquist's dummy.
- Pepper is a true renaissance man: in addition to showing Hubert, he runs a fly-fishing store and performs as a ventriloquist.
- The most sinister of these is a ventriloquist dummy Joey found in an old abandoned house.
- Your friend's need for validation is somewhat odd and it's understandable that you do not relish being the ventriloquist's dummy.
- What you have are more voices by a single ventriloquist.
- Then he blinks, once, a bit slowly, like a ventriloquist dummy.
- To me, this is the sort of person who has taken about as much personal responsibility for mental development as a ventriloquist's dummy.
- A young ventriloquist is touring the clubs and stops to entertain at a bar in a small town.
- A large bronze doll seated alone on a low shelf at the far end of the room resembles a ventriloquist's puppet.
- Of course I should have probably looked through the spy hole because staring me in the face was a ventriloquist's dummy.
- Like two ventriloquists ' dummies or two sides of the same coin, both master and slave are locked in association.
- I had a ventriloquist's dummy and used to do magic shows for the family.
- In it, you produce a wooden ventriloquist's dummy, carved to look a little bit like you.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.