In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for event)the venue for tonight's recital is Ely cathedral — el recital de esta noche tendrá lugar en la catedral de Ely
- there's been a change of venue — se ha cambiado el lugar donde se celebrará (/ tendrá lugar etc. )
- venues: Boston, NY City — lugares de actuación (/ presentación etc. ): Boston, Nueva York
- the match will be played at a neutral venue — el partido se jugará en campo neutral
- the venue for the Games — la sede de los juegos
- Can the public rely on you when you are so irresponsible you can't even find a venue for a meeting?
- The Cathedral will provide a very suitable venue for a concert by the Kilkenny Gospel Choir.
- Nine temporary flight restriction areas around various Olympic venues will be established.
- Last week Chicago Rock, voted the premier entertainment venue in West Wiltshire, held its first birthday celebrations.
- The winner will also get a support slot in Holborn Street live music venue on the night of their choice.
- Hopes that a listed barn could become Essex's newest wedding venue have been dashed.
- Some of its more prestigious venues have included a manor house in Castle Combe.
- Other small live music venues just withered on the vine.
- The political thrust of the new event is to encourage the creation of more live music venues in the city.
- All great sporting venues have their own distinctive group of fans.
- A campaign has been launched to provide a new arts venue in Bradford on Avon.
- A brand new entertainment venue in Wyre has been unveiled with a glittering gala opening show.
- A glass court will be erected in an area that is a popular concert venue.
- The organisers are scrambling to find an alternative venue for the event, which will draw competitors from 30 countries.
- The picture will now form part of an exhibition of close-up science images which will tour venues around the country.
- By the 1990s, the Capitol had again established itself as one of the city's most popular entertainment venues.
- The hall is also an ideal venue for meetings, concerts and other social and cultural gatherings.
- Scotland's bid to become a key conference venue and build more hotels is paying dividends.
- One of the city's most popular live venues is taking a different route this year.
- Fire inspectors who visited the venue in the town High Street said the practice breached health and safety regulations.
2Lawterritorio jurisdiccional masculinejurisdicción feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.