In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Soilless mixes are ideal - they contain sphagnum peat, vermiculite and perlite.
- These soil mixtures should include sand, peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, and fir bark for adequate drainage.
- Plants were grown individually in cylindrical pots of variable volume, containing a 1: 1 mixture of perlite and vermiculite.
- The seedlings were transplanted into pots containing a mixture of 50% washed river sand, 25% vermiculite, and 25% perlite.
- The seedlings were grown in a sand: vermiculite seedbed until transplanting and inoculation.
- The deposit was interpreted to have formed by the replacement of biotite by vermiculite under the influence of pegmatitic fluids.
- If the problem is reoccurring for you, think about switching from a peat-based mix to one that only contains perlite and vermiculite.
- Non-sterile cultures were performed in pots containing a 2: 2: 1 mixture of perlite, vermiculite, and sphagnum moss.
- Thus, further investigations of Wyoming's vermiculite deposits may lead to the discovery of other corundum occurrences.
- This time I've planted them in vermiculite which is completely soil free and hence should not attract the dratted fungus gnats.
- Perlite and vermiculite give it better drainage and aeration.
- Most soil-less mixes are a combination of peat, perlite & vermiculite and drain very quickly.
- Clay minerals are mainly illite and chlorite, with only traces of smectite, vermiculite and kaolinite.
- Use a premixed potting soil, usually composed of sand, peat moss, fine bark, perlite or vermiculite.
- Plants were further grown on vermiculite soil under white fluorescent tubes to observe mature plants and to harvest seeds.
- Look for one containing vermiculite and perlite, sphagnum peat moss, a little ground bark and sand.
- Compost, good garden soil, or loam can be used for up to half of the total mix, with the other half being vermiculite and/or perlite.
- Twenty-day-old seedlings of these plants grown in pots containing vermiculite were used to observe stomatal aperture.
- For direct sowing, sprinkle seeds in double rows on the raised beds and cover them with a 1/4-inch layer of sand or vermiculite.
- In Wyoming, corundum has been found in gneiss, pelitic schist, and vermiculite schist.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.