In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Other common and treatable problems include verrucas and ingrown toenails.
- We would even draw verrucas on our feet with felt tip to get out of the weekly ordeal.
- Warts aren't normally painful, although verrucas (warts on the feet) can sometimes hurt.
- This causes verrucas to grow back into the skin, which can be painful.
- What other time do you think I have the social space to file down my verrucas?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.