In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(poetry)verso masculinepoesía feminineblank/free verse — verso blanco/libre masculine
- before noun verse drama — teatro en verso
- in verse form — en verso
- The upsurge of early printed verse translations makes public a large and rapidly distributed body of foreign-born poetry.
- The second verse is composed in your head between the second and third stations of your trip.
- Robert Frost once classed poetry that way, free verse against formal verse.
- Her stories, told in nonsense verse, are fast-paced with a rhythm that carries through its pages.
- Should rhymed verse be translated in English rhyme?
- Haiku originated as a simple verse form used to entertain the Japanese upper class.
- She wrote well and often corresponded with friends in doggerel verse.
- They began writing in iambic pentameter, or in some other " respectable " verse form.
- Johnson never claims, when writing Latin verse, to be writing formal verse imitation.
- Johnson uses all of these devices in writing his Latin verse imitations.
- I remember reading the following verse in one of my workbooks at primary school and having to memorize it.
- The language is mostly the quaint island patois - not the stuff of verse drama.
- Both he and Frost advocated the use of natural diction, and of colloquial speech rhythms in metrical verse.
- The only way to write poetry is to begin by writing verse.
- For a comprehensive list of German hexameter verse, see Bennett 180-93.
- But I don't want to suggest that Martin writes merely a serviceable blank verse.
- Think about taking away the net and writing some blank verse with some metaphors in it.
- Among the pioneers of free verse, D. H. Lawrence stands out as one who, though gifted in metrical verse, is happier without meter.
- All Gunn's early verse rhymed - he was the most Appollonian of the 50s poets.
- The caricature was accompanied by doggerel verse which used Mr Tolley's name and extolled the virtues of the chocolate.
2.1(short poem)verso masculinerima feminine
render_form_group(subsense).blank? span.form-groups = render_form_group(subsense)verso masculine
2.4(in Bible)versículo masculine
- Some 21 calligraphic panels of Quranic verses are also on show.
- It is the shortest verse in the whole Bible: those two words in the English language - Jesus wept.
- It recounts, in twelve expansive books, a story line that occupies only a few verses of the book of Genesis.
- We have many different such divisions ranging from what would be long verses to chapter style divisions.
- These moments draw on and return to a practice entrenched in evangelicalism: the use of Bible memory verses.
- I'll take a scripture verse from the Bible and I'll share it with a guy.
- An evangelical justification for the physical discipline of children goes deeper than a few isolated verses in the Bible, however.
- In a short work like this we cannot examine all the verses in the Bible which refer to the devil and Satan.
- Also among other tapes one was found in Arabic containing Koranic verses dedicated to teaching.
- We choose to treat some verses of scripture as having more authority than others.
- Some verses in the Bible imply that snow is a negative force, while others indicate that snow is a positive one.
- My eyes scanned the page until I found the third verse of the first chapter.
- Inside the box, there is some candy and a heart-shaped eraser with a Bible verse attached to it.
- Although the verse refers to a judge, the rationale applies to anyone in a position of public trust.
- Is there a single verse of the Scriptures that teaches us Christ came to bring us to Heaven where we no longer can sin?
- Koranic verses were recited, with the phrases passing from group to group.
- A later search uncovered detonators and a tape containing Koranic verses.
- Listen quietly in your heart and see if an encouraging phrase, or a Scripture verse, or a specific action starts to impress itself upon you.
- He opened the Bible to John and read the first two verses.
- Rachel enjoys memorizing Bible verses and reciting them each week and playing games with her friends.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.