In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Symptoms include vertigo, a sensation of the world caving in, anxiety, and a loss of feeling in the hands and feet.
- Freddie was a no-show because of vertigo, an inner-ear disorder, and he couldn't get off his hotel room floor.
- However, if you have severe vertigo or vomiting, you may need medication.
- Acute inflammation of the vestibular nerve is a common cause of acute, prolonged vertigo.
- Tinnitus may be present for months or years before hearing loss or vertigo is noticed.
- Epidemiologic evidence shows a strong association between vertigo and migraine.
- I have no idea why anyone would interpret the weight loss after vertigo as a likely cause.
- Dizziness also can mean vertigo, and there are very few causes of vertigo that do not come from the inner ear.
- Short but recurrent attacks of vertigo are often caused by benign positional vertigo.
- Studies show that about a third of cases of dizziness are vertigo.
- All seven patients with Meniere's disease reported previous episodes of vertigo.
- Most cases of vertigo can be diagnosed clinically and managed in the primary care setting.
- Even the slightest stimulation of this area gives a sensation of vertigo.
- There was so much happening, so fast, it left me with a sensation approaching vertigo.
- There is a sudden onset of severe vertigo, nausea, vomiting and the need to remain still.
- As the disease progresses, attacks of vertigo become less frequent, but hearing worsens.
- Treatment is based on trying to control the associated symptoms of vertigo, tinnitus and deafness.
- An acute episode of vertigo and nausea had precipitated the initial medical care.
- The unsteadiness in me that you saw was my vertigo and lack of balance.
- I suffer from acute vertigo and my balance at the best of times is like everybody else's after three pints.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.