In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Both vesicles and bilayer patches were found not to move laterally over the time range of 10 min and more, except at relatively high imaging forces.
- The prevailing model argues that specific proteins are shuttled around to their destinations, both within and outside the cell, in enclosed vesicles.
- The two vesicles resemble small, bulbous pouches and are located just above the prostate gland.
- They are united by the presence of small vesicles in, or just under, the plasma membrane.
- This process allows the vesicles to dock to that part of the membrane where the neurotransmitters are due to be released into the synapse (the active zone).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.