In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1veterinario masculineveterinaria feminine
- Most vets agree spaying and neutering should be done not sooner than 6 months of age.
- But the figures, revealed to Channel Four News by senior vets, will fuel anger among farmers who feel their healthy animals were slaughtered for no reason.
- The NFU has told MPs that action is needed to staunch the flow of vets away from private farm animal practices into pet care as a result of the farming crisis.
- A genuinely sick or orphaned fledgling should be taken - along with a detailed note of where it was found - to your nearest vet or RSPCA centre for treatment.
- We took him to the vet and the vet said, ‘Look, you've got to put him on a diet’.
- This will allow the vet to insure the dog's health as well as test for parasites that may be there.
- A group of 30 homeopathic vets, in a letter to the Veterinary Times, said many vaccinations lasted for years and did not require an annual booster.
- Once the commission is persuaded, it might make a proposal to the European Standing Veterinary Committee, an organisation made up of professional vets from each of the member nations.
- If the vets haven't managed to isolate a physical cause for Booger's behaviour then it could be time to start looking at psychological reasons for his behaviour.
- The spokesman said the animals were inspected by the RSPCA and a government vet.
- Make sure to talk to your vet before using one of these hairball remedies for long periods of time though.
- A vet recruited by the RSPCA said she couldn't be 100 per cent sure what led to the death but remains convinced that the dog was dead before it was put into the water.
- The dog was taken in by the RSPCA where a vet also discovered an elastic band embedded into its neck.
- They also work with local vets, the RSPCA and local kennels, assisting dog and cat owners in the care and re-homing of their animals.
- He reported the case immediately to the local veterinary station and two vets came to the farm within half an hour to find another 200 ducks had died.
- They're also packed with information about the world of veterinary medicine, especially the brand practiced by those vets who specialize in large animals.
- If your dog is old or in poor health, check with your vet before increasing exercise.
- A lot of vets have business relationships with other clinics, even if only an emergency vet.
- Richard Gowshall, a vet at the Eastcott Veterinary Clinic, was shocked to hear Daisy had given birth to another 14 puppies.
- Your vet or veterinary nurse will need to write a small description of the weight loss programme and send the entry off by the closing date of October 13, 2000.
1(applicant) someter a investigación(application/proposal) examinar(proposal/application) investigar(videos/films) encargarse de la censura deto be positively vetted — ser objeto de una investigación de antecedentes
1(veteran)veterano masculineveterana feminine
- As part of Salute the Veterans activities, vets also attended a reception at Old Parliament House, ecumenical services and reunion dinners.
- It will create a Labor Veterans Committee to coordinate with other veterans groups in opposing cuts to vets ' benefits.
- Even colder, whenever veterans balk at paying the usurious rip-off, company lawyers sue them, usually in courts far away from where the vets live.
- The audience of silver-haired vets from wars in Vietnam, Korea, and World War II exploded into applause.
- A large, bipartisan majority in congress supports a bill to fix this, providing full pension and disability for these deserving vets.
- ‘The movement has always had a lot of old-timers, and a lot of vets,’ said Bourgeois, a Vietnam veteran himself.
- The vets will be interviewed via satellite from Colorado Springs where they will be attending the Air Force / Navy football game Thursday afternoon.
- Every day WW2 vets die, and they get an inch in the local paper.
- Yep, they reversed their decision, the vets will get their surgeries, and their budget is being looked over by the National VA.
- Before those movies happened, there were all these stories about Vietnam vets coming home and dealing with the tangential human side of the issue.
- All these right wing vets get filmed saying ‘he's unfit to be commander in chief’ without providing any details.
- Out of all the homeless shelters, how many individuals are homeless vets?
- We simply can't let these vets go without help, because we saw after Vietnam what the long-term repercussions of that negligence can be.
- These were the best the reserve could offer - the special forces vets were gone - and Russell was already disgusted with them.
- There's a second problem though, and that stems from the lack of resources in the entire VA system to take care of America's vets.
- Two-thirds of combat vets think the war is worth fighting.
- We spent hundreds of millions (maybe billions) to educate vets after WWII and throughout the 20th Century.
- He explained high alleged suicide figures among vets by the fact that ‘they have to face what they did in Vietnam.’
- Many vets complain of alienation, rage, or guilt
- Though respected by their countrymen, they get only modest help from the government, which provides up to $7 per month to disabled vets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.