In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1veterinarioveterinary science — veterinaria feminine
- veterinary surgery — veterinaria
- Carol, a student in veterinary medicine, was equally absorbed in her studies.
- All veterinary and technical aspects are now in place for this market.
- The scientists claimed they were pressured to approve veterinary drugs they felt were unsafe.
- She is set to emigrate to Australia with veterinary nurse Heather Steadham.
- It's the veterinary costs that most people worry about though.
- Based on veterinary records, researchers can then see where the disease is spreading and how fast.
- A condition of entry is that the beef must meet all EU veterinary and hygiene standards.
- A 23 year old veterinary nurse presented with a three month history of abdominal pain and diarrhoea.
- You want to make sure your pet is as healthy as can be and part of dog ownership is to provide your dog with excellent veterinary care.
- The Swiss-born doctor has been in the forefront of the battle to control veterinary diseases.
- And in these advantages our domestic animals have had due share by the improvement of veterinary medicine.
- Immersed in medical matters, we forget too easily not only the veterinary but also the wider potential of radiology.
- UK poisons centres are consulted about an average of 100 human and a dozen veterinary cases each year.
- Would you advocate for or against veterinary intervention when the cat gets worms and if the cat gets injured?
- Many years ago my love for animals steered me toward a career in veterinary medicine.
- Officials from my Department carry out ongoing veterinary inspections at fur farms.
- A farmhand (a Mr Rawlins) with some veterinary knowledge was asked to come and take the blood.
- She has now successfully undergone a second operation by the same veterinary and medical team, to replace the cataract in her other eye.
- If you want to find out about the 1967 outbreak, you will have to turn to veterinary or agricultural sources.
- The Forum discussed the possibility of organising veterinary inspections at the farm prior to departure.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.