In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1viandas feminine archaic literary
- Even the catering crew's kept behind a swinging door, save for carefully timed replenishment of viands.
- Every mile of the road heightens the flavor of the viands we expect at the end of it.
- Stood there for a while watching him eat, and wondering whether to give him my viands as well, so his meal would have some flavor.
- Great seafood, viands, fruit and vegetables, complemented with some of the world's best wines, bring an excellent meal well within Bangkok prices at around Baht 500-600.
- The egg basket would be over along the wall on a side table packed with choice viands purchased from reputable shops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.