In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1slang(atmosphere)vibraciones feminine informalgood/bad vibes — buenas/malas vibras feminine Mexico informal
- The village atmosphere and generally festive vibe is infectious as hundreds of people celebrate the very best of folk culture and music during the six-day event.
- Those who yearn for the good old warehouse days are going to appreciate the jazzy, ambient vibe.
- I'd never previously experienced such a positive vibe in a club environment.
- Many of those early residents still remain in Venice Beach, contributing to the vibe of free-love and environmental peace that continues to this day.
- Instead of giving presents to friends, donate the same amount to individual charities and give people a vibe of the Christmas spirit.
- I think he was great, he kept the vibe of the original character, but at the same time he exemplified the next generation.
- Some DJs couldn't understand my positive vibe and couldn't handle sharing the spotlight, but after truly listening to my unique style, they gave me love.
- The bustling vibe adds to the atmosphere rather than detracting from your enjoyment.
- It wasn't the world's most extravagant theatre complex, but it had this sort of historical vibe about it.
- Long-time residents of the area like the low crime rate, the quiet atmosphere and the small-town vibe.
- I was in this bar on a Friday night, the vibe and ambience was chilled with funky back beats.
- The connection and feeling students have with their school benefits the school through contributions to the community and a positive vibe on campus.
- I always loved Meg's gorgeous photos and wanted to soak up the apparent peaceful, spiritual vibe of the place.
- In the music, man, the spiritual vibe is very important.
- Was it the leftover vibe of previous aura seekers who had come to this room?
- You've been around the Senate for a long time, what sort of vibe do you get from the Government today?
- Wim created a similar vibe as a speaker, meandering through anecdotes, sharing philosophies, listening to and acknowledging other people in the room.
- Expect the same trashy rock and electro vibe in a more intimate and debauched atmosphere.
- Not only do these earrings draw attention to you, they give you a free spirited vibe which is so sexy.
- On Saturday night, however, the vibe on the floor was very sweaty indeed and the atmosphere was brilliant.
- Electronics were largely eschewed for acoustic strumming, vibes, banjo and plenty of ‘ba-ba-ba’ backing vocals.
- The first track further lulls you a false sense of security; a lovely, candle-flickering tune, drums brushed around a breathy sax and gently chiming vibes.
- It's the subsequent addition of multi-tracked vocal counterpoint, maracas, and vibes that turns it into a delectable piece of ear candy.
- The vibes and the piano interplay while various electronic warbling and effects are heard in the background laying the background to the piece.
- A deep, squelching beat suffused with vibes and marimba stutters behind her, balancing the simple innocence of her words with skin-prickling menace.
- Folky guitars, brush drums, violin, and vibes tend to sink back as a shimmering canvas for his singing.
- Killian and his band of vibes, percussion, sax, flute, bass, keyboards and vocalist occupied stage left.
- He played the drums, the harmonica, guitar, piano, the vibes, he sang, he did impressions, he danced.
- Banjo and vibes fill in the corners of the song, leaving room for some sort of oscillating synthesizer and closely harmonized vocals.
- His marimba and vibes contribute further percussive accents, and the intricate multiple meters and contrapuntal figures add up to a rhythmic feast for the listener.
- And the vibes, by being so distinctive, emphasize the repetitiveness of the patterns they're playing, while the other instruments have a back door into your brain.
- Khan Jamal's vibes weave subtly and powerfully around Shipp's melodic, stately and frequently forceful piano lines.
- Beltran saves himself by using live instrumentation such as guitars, vibes and organs.
- The front line of sax, vibes and trombone may strike some as unconventional, but to say it works would be a bit of an understatement; more than sum of their parts, indeed.
- They're a fun, tight mix of jazz flair and rock energy, with guitar, bass, drums, and vibes.
- The vamp becomes a backdrop for an improvised duet between the vibes and cello.
- The lack of piano (or guitar, or vibes, etc.) gives the bassist and drummer more space in which to operate.
- The leader, a much under-appreciated musician, is heard on both vibes and marimba.
- The mood is intimate and late night; a chanteuse in a little club somewhere with a piano trio augmented by sax, vibes and guitar.
- Multiple guitars and vibes unwind a skeletal melody into nothingness while a lonesome organ drones sadly against the silence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.