In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(of membrane, string)vibración feminine
- In conventional superconductors, atomic vibrations induce the electron pairing.
- In this technique, the vibrations of electromagnetic fields are transferred to the motions of electrons in a gas of atoms.
- However, advocates do not necessarily identify energy or vibrations with radiation or electromagnetic fields, as Abrams did.
- Sound waves create mechanical vibrations that can be transformed into electrical energy that is added to an audio signal.
- In conventional superconductors, vibrations of atoms induce electrons, which normally repel each other, to form pairs.
1.2(of floor, machine)vibración feminine
- Deaf children are astonished when they start to feel the vibrations of a wide range of instruments.
- Here, electrical signals are transformed into vibrations that generate sound.
- The parks and pavements of Jo'burg will soon reverberate to the drum beating and foot stamping vibrations of traditional music, the funky sounds of jazz and the melodies of choral singers.
- As soon as the flaps are extended and you start down, you will be conscious of a slight vibration or buffeting.
- The dual action stepper for aerobic exercise, the rowing machine and the vibrator belt for giving vibrations to the abdomen are a few of the different machines available in the market.
- The two things most likely to kill a hard drive before it has completed its expected life are shocks and vibrations.
- Additional equipment was used to generate soil vibrations in playback experiments.
- This instance was not the first time that man-made construction vibrations were a concern for the tower.
- However, the level of vibrations decreased after flaps used to slow the aircraft were raised.
- I had a well balanced car until a flat spot on my right front tyre caused terrible vibrations which eventually led to the suspension failure.
- There is a bulkhead styled like a helicopter and underfloor hydraulics to recreate the sickening vibration of one.
- The whole universe is also vibrating at a certain vibration per second.
- I have to say I am mighty impressed by its rumbling vibration, even though it was only used as part of the orchestra.
- Although there is an existing foundation near central services, rumbling equipment and noticeable vibrations from the nearby boiler house are problematic.
- In some instances unforeseen vibrations or overload conditions may develop to cause failure.
- Increased vibration is not what is needed on an already bumpy track.
- Stand very still and you might just be able to detect the vibrations rumbling through your body.
- Although the drums themselves don't make much noise, I do worry about the vibrations of the bass drum travelling through the floors and walls.
- Other rodents probably process the seismic vibrations when they are converted to airborne sounds in the burrow tunnel or chamber.
- However, no attempt has been made to find the solution during the transient state of vibrations when the machine is either started or switched off.
informal, dated(feelings)vibraciones informal
- With plenty of good vibrations, soul and spirit, this year's Festival is sure to garner some new fans, which is exactly what Hayden and Deen are hoping for.
- Further, your mental state sets up vibrations in the ether which will color your environment and attract similar energies.
- The impulses to move are triggered by the deepest reverberations or vibrations in your body, as explained by the prana of Indian traditions and qi in the East.
- To avoid the cards absorbing disturbing vibrations or energies wrap them in a black cloth, silk if you can afford it, and put the wrapped cards in a box.
- The best way I've ever found is one that can take a little time, and start the vibrations that will follow into the ritual area as the circle is drawn.
- The atmosphere of the cottage was thick with uneasy vibrations, and as she ascended the staircase, they grew stronger.
- We'd appreciate it if you'd all join us in that endeavor and keep emanating those good vibrations because they help more than you know.
- In addition to communication during courtship and reproduction, vibrations can transfer information among social groups, including sibling groups.
- And all the while I was absorbing the inner atmosphere and being blessed by the Gods themselves as electric vibrations would come forth from the temple and flow through my body.
- One guess is that dolphins emit healing energy vibrations.
- The positive vibrations of group prayers, he said, helps develop emotional integrity and strengthens relationships.
- When you heal, positive vibrations surround you even if you don't realize it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.