In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Everett knew everything about her, and vice versa.
- I wanted HIM to come running to ME, not vice versa.
- You can only compose if you understand how to conduct and vice versa.
- Yuki introduced Kisho to everyone and vice versa.
- But Clay knows I know him better than anyone else possibly could, and vice versa.
- It was now both of their turns to watch out, so as Megan stepped she would look down the hall on Marvolo's side and vice versa.
- Please view the italics as simply the opposite of the regular format, and vice versa.
- I don't have a bone to pick with them and vice versa.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.