In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ayuda a la víctima feminineapoyo a la víctima masculine
- Dozens of employees from the police, CPS, witness service and victim support moved into Athena House, in Kettlestring Lane, in March.
- Plans to raise cash for victim support schemes by adding a surcharge to fines for fixed-penalty offences have sparked outrage.
- ‘Such pressure could come from parents, boyfriends, policemen, prosecutors, rape crisis centres and victim support counsellors,’ he said.
- Humberside Fire Brigade's emergency service offers victim support for those suffering the traumatic aftermath of a fire.
- They are also available for use by groups such as victim support, citizen's advice, Keighley College, Bradford social services and others.
- Doctors hope that the conference will lead to better partnerships between the police, the CPS, courts, health services and victim support agencies.
- The multi-agency body is made up of representatives of the police, probation service, council, victim support, housing associations, disabled groups and others.
- Victims will now report crimes at community centres, victim support offices and area housing offices for centre staff to record details.
- Plans for a £5 surcharge on speeding tickets to fund victim support services came under fire last night.
- Services will include victim support and citizens advice, and it will offer links with statutory bodies such as Bradford Council, the fire service, the health authority and the youth service.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.