In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I made a decision to speak up against an unjust law in Florida because I was victimized by that law.
- An Internet message board has been pulled amid allegations it was used by bullies to harass and victimise school children.
- In this case, the low-income people are commonly victimized.
- And they also happen to victimize other innocent people, so the tragedy is compounded.
- A righteous-sounding phrase is being exploited to victimise persons perceived to be a threat to the regime, while others are rewarded with the ill-gotten booty.
- The children are victimised, picked on, beaten up, laughed and jeered at.
- I'm tired of people victimizing the enemy by using children as weapons in their war of words.
- So to redefine these people out of the system is not particularly fair and we think that victimises these people.
- All photojournalists who respect their subjects find that victimized people are very willing to show the world their lot.
- They have to be careful that innocent persons are not victimised.
- As far as community activism is concerned, do not victimise people with unfounded and destructive remarks or allegations.
- What it basically does is it further victimizes people who have already been devastated.
- They also accused management of swindling public funds and victimising workers who had complained.
- We see women who are the most victimized people in our society.
- How does my generation react when an entire community of people is victimized at the hands of religious fanatics in a secular democracy?
- In many countries people are victimised, terrorised, disappeared or tortured, for publicly, or even privately, expressing dissent.
- It is our duty and the duty of every decent human to make sure this vermin is no more and that no more innocent decent people are victimized.
- It's not healthy to suffer indefinitely, but to say ‘suffering is a choice’ just further victimises people: I'm choosing to have a hard time!
- Reports that he felt victimized by racism at some point in his life don't unto themselves make his race relevant.
- They are victimizing some people who are not able at that point to help themselves out of a jam… I have felt so sorry for victims who didn't know who they were dealing with.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.