In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Scott shook his head and took the video cassette from me, slipping it into the VCR.
- A video cassette for use in such a system is also provided.
- But Sony will also start selling a video cassette that's suited for high-definition digital recordings.
- In other words, you don't record material onto a video cassette, you record material directly into a hard-drive, similar to what's inside your computer.
- Applicants for the Stand-Up Award need to send in a VHS video cassette of their stand-up routine.
- He provided a video cassette to the court and insisted that it recorded the parrot's curse.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.