In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Speakers, microphones, and television cameras allow live audio conferences, videoconferences, and group whiteboards to pass information at near simultaneous speeds.
- There have been videoconferences, webcasts, satellite broadcasts and exchanges between scientists on a secure website.
- The videotelephony subsystem enables audio and narrow-band videoconferences for alert duty crews at the C & C facility.
- The software allows users to take a phone conversation and turn it into a videoconference or web conference with multiple participants.
- This is the first time a national videoconference has been produced at Iowa State's new University Studios.
- Online users will want the flexibility and freedom to ‘click’ from one service provider to deliver a videoconference, and a different provider for a net meeting.
- To be held at the British Council in New Delhi from July 21 to 24, it will showcase 45 films of varying length over four days along with seminars and videoconferences.
- A company might use live videoconferences or videotaped presentations if this technology is already in place.
- The portal will house current and archived videoconferences that link high-school students with industry professionals.
- The data for the study includes interviews with members of the center, observations of videoconferences and meetings, and a center-wide sociometric survey.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.