In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The archive for the European art videodisc contains over 2,800 images of individual works, each accompanied by identifying caption information and details.
- Decision aids include booklets, tapes, videodiscs, interactive computer programs, or paper based charts, to help presentation and discussion of risk information with patients.
- Digital videodiscs were used rather than CD's, he said, because much more information can be stored on each DVD.
- Synchronisation was a difficult trick to manage, and there were even crude videodiscs produced which could help you get your machine up to speed before the beginning of transmissions.
- They have developed software which emulates the obsolete BBC computer and videodisc player on which the original system ran.
- After an unsuccessful beginning in the 1970s with training extension courses on videodisc, trainers distributed content through the use of CD ROMs.
- Interactive videodisc programs were the first grand experiments in integrating emerging technologies into the museum galleries.
- Lasers are commonly seen in several ordinary commercial applications, such as bar code scanners, laser pointers, CD players, CD-ROMs, videodiscs, laser surgery, and laser-light shows.
- In fact, videodiscs were becoming cheaper than audio discs, with prices ranging from Rs.85 to Rs.299.
- Compact discs and digital videodiscs have become the de facto standards for media storage and playback for millions of consumers and businesses around the world.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.