In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(magnetic tape)cinta de video femininecinta de vídeo feminine Spain
- The images and sound from videotape are hugely inferior to DVD.
- Students devised a scenario for a new horror film, on the basis of which they then produced a video cover and an opening sequence of still images dubbed onto videotape with a soundtrack.
- The standard supports video coding with quality roughly equivalent to VHS videotape.
- After all, the Beta vs. VHS videotape war wasn't so long ago.
- She was freshly made-up and her hair was neatly styled, presenting a sharp contrast to the tired, ill images of her on videotape while she was still a captive.
- It is also my intention that support materials, both in writing and on DVD or videotape will come to fruition as a result of this annual event.
- There are six videotape machines, a digital server, 44 monitors and the ability to run 48 different inputs.
- But no, here I am in a dark room with a video machine and videotape.
- Thus, his memory of Lisa is mediated by this black-and-white videotape recording which includes significantly the off-screen presence of Christina.
- You know, creepy images on videotape and icky looking kids lurking in the back blackness of the frame.
- The 12-part series, available on videotape or DVD, addresses the issues that everyone's talking about.
- The audio segments were recorded onto videotape, with a blank visual field showing on the screen, in order to standardize the presentation of all segments.
- The cephalad-axial velocities of the individual disks were recorded on videotape from a portable image intensifier unit.
- If there are eight videotape machines with four channels of audio, that's 32 channels to record.
- Many Southern productions have been lost, and the videotapes re-used, as was customary in those days of very expensive blank videotape on big open reel machines.
- In fluoroscopy, a moving picture of the body is seen as the test is performed and is recorded on videotape or as still images.
- The images were selected from continuous videotape recordings.
- Apparently it didn't matter whether the image on the screen was from videotape, or live.
- The final formats produced are on VHS videotape and DVD.
- The first step would be to transfer images shot on videotape on to film tape.
2(recording)video masculinevídeo masculine Spain
- Someone cranks up a pair of ancient machines capable of playing videotapes and DVDs.
- Do you have like the Gameboys or any video games, a lot of videotapes, some DVDs?
- For example, speaking a quick word in Russian would have been effective, though that would have been recorded on the videotape, and could have been discovered later.
- Likewise we have £2,000 of LPs and cassettes and £1,000 of videotapes, most of which we could not replace in the same media.
- Soon I was at Fox's ranch in Guanajuato, popping videotapes into a VCR on his dining room table.
- There were pictures on the walls, a few bookshelves, and a desk with a laptop on it, and a small television on top of a shelf with videotapes and DVDs underneath.
- The videotapes were duplicated, packaged and mailed by Rank Video Services America of Deerfield, Illinois.
- Earlier this week a Fox News cameraman was briefly detained and had his videotape confiscated as he filmed a traffic stop near the Pentagon.
- Fighting for Your Marriage is available with audiocassettes or videotapes.
- The walls were lined with shelves holding videotapes and DVDS.
- Their guesses were recorded on the videotape before they picked up the phone.
- Anyone can understand the need for a VCR - you can rent videotapes and do time-shifting.
- In no cases did callers and participants disagree, nor did their reports differ from those recorded on the videotape, which was examined later.
- All studies were recorded on a videotape and were interpreted independently by two experienced observers.
- The whole experiment was recorded on an S-VHS videotape for postanalysis.
- Films made on videotapes or digitally cannot be entered for any national award, not yet, as the rules stand today.
- People hawk pirated videotapes, DVDs, and even mobile phone calls, charging pennies a minute.
- Officials say their preliminary view is that the videotape was not recorded recently.
- But I guess they found the videotape and then decided to sell it.
- A number of education videotapes also are available through the AORN perioperative nursing videotape library.
1grabar en videograbar en vídeo Spainvideograbar
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.