In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- RWA's ViewData Switch provides full viewdata switching capabilities, based on the entry of a mnemonic code into a menu page.
- Engineers had worked out that they could piggyback extra data on top of the usual TV signal, and a very basic viewdata service was established on 23 September 1974.
- The package can be used to connect with any viewdata-based service and is ideal for travel agents needing to access travel services via Fastrak or Istel.
- Private services are usually provided by organisations that wish to make information available to their customers (eg Tour Operators enable Travel Agents to make bookings interactively via viewdata).
- It deals with the initial development of the teletext and viewdata systems, up to about the early 1980's, and explains the reasons why the two systems are so similar, despite their different origins.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.