In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person)telespectador masculinetelespectadora femininetelevidente feminine
- The New College Chapel offers even more surprising treasures for the observant viewer.
- Their intention was to make paintings that met the viewer as living presences - that were there.
- The viewer can either be a hurried spectator or a pensive spectator.
- Through this stripping away, he enables his paintings to relate to the viewer on a human scale and at a pace almost as gradual as life itself.
- Her paintings are all from an aerial viewpoint - as a viewer you look down on a washed, subtly disconcerting landscape.
- Not only do viewers overlook this one similarity between the species, they do not care.
- The paintings of domesticated animals by Dermot Seymour impact the viewer on several levels.
- His drawings and paintings challenge the viewer to meet his hopeless aesthetic half way, and then fail.
- The trees and their colours in the paintings had a telling effect on viewers.
- We all agree that she exerts a degree of independence as she pulls the viewer into the painting to meet her family.
- You know, a good painting somehow adjusts itself to the requirement of the viewer.
- The viewer is first confronted with a painting depicting a large telephone.
- His paintings draw the viewer in, reveal a hint of women's nature but he doesn't give it all away.
- The painting elicits the viewer's identification with her weariness and suffocation in an intimate way.
- As a practicing Kyudo archer, Ona B. is always on target, never losing sight of the viewers of her works.
- Such paintings court the viewer's curiosity, but make no appeal to feelings of pity, fear, or outrage.
- The viewer is faced only with the bare-faced reality of the painting on the canvas.
- Cortès creates an incredible sense of depth in his painting by controlling the gaze of the viewer in this way.
- Vettriano's skill lies in his ability to create narrative paintings with which the viewer becomes involved.
2(for slides)visionadora feminine
- Finally, there are some DVD-ROM extras in the form of a screenplay viewer and weblinks.
- The image display in the viewer window actually is a label widget in the center of the dialog.
- I cut the whole thing with a Moviscope, which is just a silent film viewer, and a pair of rewinds.
- I use the Linhof optical viewer to visualize images and try different compositions.
- Web browsers can also be configured to open images with an external viewer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.