In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vigilante masculinevigilanta femininebefore noun vigilante group — grupo de vigilancia masculine
- Many were arrested by police and others were injured by unidentified vigilantes.
- Set in a world that saw actual costumed vigilantes appear in real life as opposed to the funny books we are treated to a view of the superhero as outcast.
- Still, it was only a matter of time until someone defied the vigilantes and challenged their powers of enforcement.
- The men claimed to be members of a vigilante organisation but contradicted each other as to which one.
- The thugs, vigilantes and enforcers have to end their activities - and be seen to do so.
- A community of spam vigilantes constantly is improving free programs such as SpamAssassin.
- The vigilante is either a lone-wolf cop or an aggrieved private citizen.
- I will also be talking with two outspoken critics of the Minuteman Project who say the minutemen are simply vigilantes.
- Although the details of her release are being kept a secret, her family's addresses are well-known to the media and any potential vigilantes.
- These vigilantes are an assault on the values of Australia.
- Health authorities or even vigilantes ought to have shut it down years ago.
- Asked if there was a danger that standing up and being counted could lead to vigilantism, he said that he would not advocate the use of vigilantes.
- He could have asked for something specific such as proper prosecution of the guilty and a roundup of vigilantes.
- Then they would not be terrorists, but vigilantes.
- A human life has been extinguished by private guards acting as vigilantes in the defense of a multimillion-dollar company.
- In other districts, vigilantes set up roadblocks and patrolled neighbourhoods to deter thieves and looters.
- Just a few months ago the run-up to such an occasion would have had the wires of Wall Street's vigilantes humming.
- It becomes clear these men are self-styled vigilantes who are attempting to intimidate the looters and take back the goods they have stolen.
- The communities around these people are not irrational vigilantes but more likely incoherent with grief.
- You want to take sides with the vigilantes and call them heroes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.