- Grapes are still harvested from the pasture but not for the purpose of vinification.
- His responsibilities at Santa Rita include vinification of different premium wines for export and the development and vinification of new products.
- The wine doesn't need a California name to make it good, though and in the best of hands, it can yield incredibly enjoyable and warming wines, especially in Manduria where laws governing vinification are fierce.
- Producing wine actually involves two separate steps: the growing of the grapes, called viticulture and the making of the wine, called vinification.
- In 1998 he introduced a change in vinification.