In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fabricado entre 1919 y 1930) coche antiguo masculine
- There will be classic and vintage cars, racing cars, go-carts, bikes, trucks, service vehicles and just about anything else with wheels.
- There were also 140 vintage cars, including some rare models, on show.
- With an increasing number of vintage cars, tractors and motor-bikes taking part each year each rally has become more successful than the last.
- But now, certain models were almost considered to be vintage cars.
- The performances are seamless, the sets and clothing and vintage cars authentic-looking for the period, and the spirit of the age, the carefree and careless attitude of the English upper classes, is captured perfectly.
- An undertaker with a passion for vintage cars has introduced the country's first white Rolls Royce hearse to his fleet.
- She wanted choirs, church bells, a lady singing whilst we signed the register, vintage cars, bridesmaids galore and tier upon tier of perfectly sculpted cake.
- Recently a host of old farm implements, vintage cars and motorcycles, bric-a-brac and engines were on display in the village.
- There are scenes of village fêtes, family Christmases, summer holidays, sporting events, vintage cars, steam railways, church bazaars and early gatherings of the Edinburgh Festival.
- I like to watch the vintage cars and the falconry.
- The cost of hiring a vintage car or stretch limo for the big day tends to vary from company to company.
- It looks like an act of vandalism, the equivalent of sending a collection of vintage cars to the breaker's yard just because they don't meet modern emission standards.
- Meanwhile, the Market Place was humming with a busy car boot sale, with many admiring the vintage cars on display.
- Further entertainment was provided by a display of vintage cars, motor cycles and static engines and other diversions which attracted a large crowd.
- Motoring and marine enthusiasts will also be able to enjoy a number of displays on the day, including a vintage car display, model boat display and classic motorcycle display.
- There were no doubts as to the amount of work that goes into to maintain a vintage car or a jeep in running condition.
- As well as an assortment of colourful floats the line-up will include brass bands, Morris men, traditional dancers and vintage cars as well as local civic dignitaries.
- Vintage car enthusiasts will enjoy the vintage car rally at 3.30 pm on Saturday.
- He boasts ownership of ‘congas, washboards, harmonica and guitar’, the way other movie stars boast of owning vintage cars.
- Both were vintage car lovers and owners of vintage cars and they both attended events all over the midlands.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.