In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicine(infection/disease/illness) viral(disease/illness/infection) vírico
- Pieces of DNA are inserted into a bacterial or viral host in a form that replicates asexually.
- It is difficult for non-medically trained people to know if their ailment is bacterial or viral.
- A really complex microfluidic device ought to be able to synthesis a viral pathogen.
- Neither do attacks appear viral or worm-like in nature, as had been suspected.
- There are a number of causes of meningitis, including viral and bacterial infections.
- Swabs taken into viral culture medium yielded herpes simplex virus type 2.
- Dogs can be a host to several bacterial and viral infections that you can contract such as ring worm.
- The doctor checks other symptoms presented by the patient, to work out whether the tonsillitis is viral or bacterial.
- There is no guaranteed way of preventing viral and bacterial infections.
- Such infections would include viral and intracellular bacterial infections.
- It is a form of infection which is generally from the food passing through the bowels and can be bacterial or even viral.
- Oral herpes is a viral infection that affects the mouth, throat, and parts of the face.
- The complexities that surround the properties of viral bacteria are discussed with wonderful clarity.
- Some doctors believe that pityriasis rosea is caused by a viral or bacterial infection.
- Further tests should show whether the whale had any bacterial or viral infection.
- The three most common types of conjunctivitis are: viral, allergic and bacterial.
- It is a sign of other problems in the body, and is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection.
- Wild gorillas suffer a range of viral and bacterial illnesses as well as internal and external parasites.
- Symptoms and signs of influenza in children are not specific and can mimic a range of other common respiratory viral pathogens.
- Many serious viral and bacterial infections can now be prevented or treated by vaccination or antibiotics.
2(on Internet)viralto go viral — viralizarse
- In fact the email is not viral, but the product of an online marketing initiative run by the e-card company.
- Weblogs are a viral medium of expression, spread by contact with webloggers.
- It's a shame really, because the viral nature of the webnetthingy could have one of two profound effects on politics.
- Using multimedia, his blog and the viral nature of the net, he's shown that one voice can echo around the world.
- The resulting viral spread of hype ensured that their debut album became the fastest selling record in British history.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.