In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1visado masculinevisa feminine Latin Americaentry/exit/transit visa — visado de entrada/de salida/de tránsito
- I would like to think they are currently New Zealand citizens or holders of permanent residence visas.
- Their trip was blocked even though they had all the necessary permits, visas and plane tickets.
- The new office is aimed at helping foreign patients with their visas whilst staying the hospital.
- This rule, by the way, does not apply to routine tourist and non immigrant visa holders.
- The agency said the visas allowed them to work for a company in Houston, not in San Antonio.
- How had he been able to travel to Australia in May on a tourist visa, using his own name and passport?
- He had a British passport and did not need a visa to enter Canada, he said.
- Students were issued with student visas, which allowed them to work part time for up to 20 hours a week.
- I now have a restricted visa which allows me work in certain limited areas.
- Two years after his release, he was granted a tourist visa and fled to Germany.
- Changes to the working visa regulations have allowed Moorby to finally get his man.
- The passports were replaced with clean documents, and the men applied for visas to enter the US.
- He said he has only worked in Europe with business visas, which allow stays of 90 days.
- A number of freelance journalists are understood to be planning to enter the country on tourist visas.
- They will be eligible to stay in Thailand as short stay business operators rather than be issued tourist visas.
- The visas could allow the bearer to travel freely within the European Union.
- British passport holders don't require visas if staying less than 60 days.
- The Commonwealth legislates on who does or does not get a visa to enter Australia.
- The visas allow people to work for any employer in Ireland, for a maximum of two years.
- Dumai is a port where citizens from most countries can enter Indonesia without a visa.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.